Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- Beef,cut into cubes- 1/2 Kg
- Onion,sliced-2 medium
- Ginger ,finely chopped- 1 tsp
- Green chillies,cut vertically- 2 nos
- Curry leaves-3 to 4 sprigs
- Water-1 cup( or as required)
- Coconut oil- as required
- Salt- to taste
- To grind together:
- Ginger,chopped-1 tbsp
- Garlic,chopped-1 tbsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder-3/4 to 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Cloves-2 nos
- Cardamom-2 nos
- Star anise- 1 small
- Whole black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Combine all the ingredients listed under ‘ to grind together’ in a blender.Grind it to a paste.
- Heat oil in pan/pressure cooker.Add sliced onion,ginger,green chillies and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns translucent.
- Now add the ground masala and fry until oil starts to separate.
- Add beef and mix well.Add water and salt to taste,cover and cook until beef is done.Uncover and cook for few more minutes or until gravy turns thick.
- Serve with rice /porotta /puttu or tapioca.
- Adjust the quantity of black pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with green chillies ,if desired.